Thursday, September 11, 2008

Things that go bump in the night

Here in the Pacific Northwest Fall seems to have come early this year. There is a rumor that it will get warm again but I think that hope always springs eternal and that simply the idea of warm days keep us happy.

These cold days have me turning towards October and my favorite time of the year, Halloween. I have more Halloween decoration by a long shot than any other holiday and already a pumpkin man on spindly legs has taken his place along side the goddess on my altar.

We have been doing some remodeling at the house and have stirred up a ghost from the attic. My husband Chuck and grandson Oliver where looking in the attic when a ball of light can down in front of them and out into the living room. My daughter and son-in-law - who are both clair-everything - and I stood there and watched a shy spirit search for a comfortable space to land.

This spirit seems very interested in our new bathroom, which was the former bedroom, so I have a visitor with me while I am in there. While I bush my teeth I talk to it and let him know that he is okay and welcome. I have assured him that things will calm down construction-wise and he will find a space to settle. I am considering creating a small spirit house for him up in my closet.

I will write more about ghosts as the days shorten, be well!

In grace and ease,
Cathy

No comments: