Thursday, August 7, 2008

Spiritual Transformation

I am really good at huge events that create transformation in my life. Because I have chosen huge 100-mph in-your-face experiences to "get it" I now choose to get my life lessons without a big bonk.

When I fly I always do a quick check of everyone's energy before boarding. I had the idea that if with my psychic eye if something was wrong I would not get on the plane and somehow save myself from doom.

As I sat down in my seat with the in focus intensity of something very out of the ordinary. I centered myself and went within to ask what was happening. I thought emergency landing and I knew I was part of whatever was about to unfold and did not even consider getting off the plane.

A very old couple boarded and sat next to me. She was too confused to engage in a conversation. Morning coffee was passed out and the immediately picked back up because of the turbulence we were experiencing. No one was moving around the cabin; the flight attendants were all safely buckled in.

The elderly man next to me asked to get out and went down to the bathroom. As I turned towards his wife she said, "He has had a heart attack before and I think he is
going to die this time." I pushed my assistance button and an attendant met me. "There is a man in the bathroom having a heart attack', I said. The attendants went to assist
the man. I went back to my seat and began to talk to his wife. Again she could not answer. I realized that it was highly unlikely that she had spoken to me about her
out loud. I had heard her inner plea to help her husband.

Moments later I was asked to exchange seats with a paramedic that was going to assist. The plane wa bouncing along and with everyone else safely in their seatbelts as the entire plane focused on getting me safely to that seat. Each person held my arms as I passed them. I looked down the isle at the beautiful faces of these strangers who had been for that instant connected in a higher purpose.

There is a wonderful exercise call the Angel Walk. The two
lines face each other and one at a time walki with our eyes closed down the middle. People gently touch and support you on your journey. We sing, "How could anyone every tell you, you were anything less that beautiful, how could anyone every tell you, you were less than whole…"

Down the isle of the plane I walked. Surrounded by my “Angels”. As I walked I said to myself, "I am supported by the Universe. My path is made easy by the support of those who surround me." The words of the song came flooding back, "How deeply we are connected in our souls."

We made an emergency landing and the couple disembarked to receive medical care. The moment ended, people fell back into their own agendas. Complaints of missing connecting flights and grumbling replaced the precious moments that had just proceeded. I however hold the memory and speak to you with the knowledge that youdon't have to huge experience happen to you to be in the presence of Angels. Even a walk down the isle of a plane can change your life.

No comments: