Thursday, August 7, 2008

Traveling with Spirit

On a recent trip down to California I arrived at the San Francisco airport late and had missed my small commuter plane connection. I was told that because of overbooking it was highly unlikely that a stand-by seat into the small airport I was flying to would be available that day. They issued me a ticket flying to another location back up the coast and then on from there to my final destination. This would have delayed my arrival until late in the evening. After being on a plane since 6 a.m. additional flying up and down the coast several times was not high on my list of fun ways to spend the day.

I asked the ticket agent to put me on stand by anyway, just in case I could get on the plane. I went to work immediately. I sat facing the doorway that would lead me out to board the plane. I centered myself, I imagined a cord going down from the base of my spine to the center of the Earth and anchoring me. I imagined the top of my head open and energy from Spirit flowing through me. I began my prayer: I know there is one divine force at work in the universe. I waited until that truth resonated through me. I am part of that force, part of spirit manifesting in this body and this experience. I aligned myself with that truth and felt it deep inside. I am grateful for boarding the next commuter plane and arriving at my destination. I felt what it was like to hear my name being called to board the plane. I felt myself pick up my bags and hurry up to the line. I heard the ticket agent say, “You got on the plane!” I imagined the wind hit my face as I walked across the tarmac to board and climbing the steps up into the small plane. I imagined sitting down and facing my seatbelt. I imagined the take of, the flight and the landing. I imagined my friends greeting me at my destination and what that would feel like to receive their hugs. I moved into this experience until it was so real I could smell the smells and be totally in the experience.

I now give thanks for this experience and release it as in completion and done. I continued to repeat this process until the moment came that the plane was boarding. My name was called. I stood up and grabbed my bags just as I had envisioned. The ticket agent said, “I don’t know how this happened, but you are on this flight.”
Knowing there is one force in the universe, connecting to that force, stating my positive affirmation, giving thanks and letting go.

No comments: